To get the most success with your email marketing campaigns, you need to get your message to the right person at the right time – with information about the right product or service.
Many of our clients send out monthly newsletters to their customers as a state-of-the-union newsletter with 4 to 5 stories. This is a great way to start – but not as targeted as it might be. Your customers and prospects are not all in the same stage of the buying, support, or upgrade cycle.
- Add a newsletter opt-in to your website.
- Send out your first mailing as soon as you can.
- Send out useful information.
- Don’t SPAM people that don’t know you or want your service.
- Don’t wait for months between mailings. Send to your customers on a regular basis.
- Don’t always be selling- people will tune that out. Be helpful.
- Don’t ever buy or rent a list.